Reflection of #ST4T 2015 ....Superior Tech 4 Teachers (#ST4T) conference in Clearwater FL hosted by the Plato Academy. The campus was beautiful, the staff, the event organizers, and the student volunteers were all amazing. They did a great job for hosting their 1st conference. I really enjoyed the atmosphere, the energy, and the excitement everyone had.
|Teachers Playing with AR|
incorporate it in our classrooms. It is not that augmented reality for learning is the next new thing in education it is because augmented reality is happening now in the workforce. We need to be using the technology our students will be using when they enter the workforce now. We need to prepare our kids for their future today.
While I was there I shared just a handful of the tools teachers can use in their classroom. I introduced them to augmented coloring pages, augmented triggers that had 3D objects, 360º environments, and animated lessons. I even showed them an augmented interactive student math notebook and talked about how they could create their own augmented student interactive notebooks for all subjects.
I wished I had more time during each of the presentations I could have shown so much more. I ran out of time and didn't get a chance to share the AR Ideas board, Let's Talk AR Hangouts, The Freedom Stories, Play a little AR Basketball, and so much more.
The conference in all was a great experience and I hope the teachers had as much fun learning as I had. Remember to stay connected and to share. I am only a message away if you need anything.
- My Presentation
- My Website - http://www.katieannwilson.com
- My Blog - http://www.diaryofatechiechick.com
- My AR Resource Page - http://katieannwilsonresourcs.weebly.com/augmented-reality.html
- My Resource Page - http://katieannwilsonresourcs.weebly.com
- The AR Ideas Board - http://padlet.com/tigerlovessmoke/arprojects
- The Augmented Reality for Education group - https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/116641552657333355905
- The Let's Talk AR Channel - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLReO1lnvBRf3WfrfHJIdunmuoKncgZ4O2
- Aug That / Teach Connect - http://www.augthat.com
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.