Ways to Use Augmented Reality with English Language Arts....
Penfold Quiver's fun penguin loves to catch snowflakes and play in the snow. Why not have student interact with Penfold and have him catch snowflakes. As a teacher my 1st thought about having Penfold catching snowflakes is to use the augmented content as data collecting or graphing.
Why not use Penfold to introduce a story that takes place in winter such as :
- Winter by Marissa Meyer
- Winter Street, Winter Storms, Winter Stroll by Elin Hildenbrand
- The 1st Day of Winter by Denise Fleming
- Lemonade in Winter by Emily Jenkins
- The Bravest Dog Every- The True Story of Balto by Natalie Standiford
- Let it Snow by Maryann Cocca-Leffler
- Winter is for Snow by Robert Neubecker
- How would explain to someone who has never seen snow what snow looks like?
- What does snow feel like?
- What games could you play in the snow?
- How many ways can you catch snow?
What vocabulary could students use with Penfold?
- Below Zero
- Bitter Cold
- Ice Crystal
There are many ways to use this fun snow catching penguin to get students excited about winter even if they have never seen snow before.
Join us every Thursday at 8pm central for #AR4Learning as we chat about ways we can use augmented content in education.
- Penfold & the Snowflake - http://www.quivervision.com/coloring-packs/#murphy-and-friends
- Penfold & the Snowman - http://www.quivervision.com/coloring-packs/#coloranim-gemo