Chicken Soup for the Summer Soul ...
As the temperature rises this summer the less and less I want to cook. To help get me motivated in cooking I decided to visit my Pinterest Board for Crockpot recipes. After looking through my saved recipes I remembered that I had pinned a very yummy looking Crockpot Chicken and Noodle Soup that I wanted to try.
- Use a visual pin board such as Pinterest to help you save and organize recipes.
- If you use Pinterest it helps to divide your boards by categories such as Chicken Recipes, Crockpot Recipes, Cupcakes, and etc...
Recipe: I did change the original recipe just a hair.
- 26 oz of chicken stock (Swanson)
- 1 packet of chicken flavor boost (Swanson)
- 2 cups of water
- One 10.75 oz can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup carrots, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
- 1 small package of frozen sweet corn
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cup Egg noodles
- 2 cups grilled chicken breasts chopped/shredded
Add everything but the noodles into the crockpot and cook on Low for 5-6 hours, the last hour turn the temperature on High, and add the noodles. Once the noodles are tender and ready, enjoy.
I have a feeling that I will not have any leftovers tonight.