iPad App Evaluation
With iPads becoming more and more popular in the classroom so has iPad apps. As teachers and even parents we need to stop and think about a few key elements of the apps we are about to either purchase or download for free.
- Relevance - What is the relevance of the the app? What is it's focus and is it relevant to the subject and or topic being taught or learned?
- Customization - Does this app offer complete flexibility to alter the content and settings to meet the student's needs?
- Feedback - Does the app provide any kind of feedback?
- Thinking Skills - Does the app encourage any higher order thinking skills, which could include creating, evaluating or analyzing?
- Usability - Can the app be launched and operated independently?
- Engagement - Does the app highly motivate the student?
- Sharing - Can the student share easily share the student's performance or product he or she created?
- Common Core - Can this app be used to meet any of the common core standards?