From Rags to Riches
I had purchased a Earth Day T-shirt and only had a chance to wear it at least twice before I snagged it. Right in the middle of my new T-shirt was this big hole. I had been reading about how people repurpose t-shirts. Some people made outfits for their children, others made scarves, and still others made quilts, baby blankets, and even pillows. I saw where one person turned a t-shirt into a vest. I am into layering my outfits and thought this would be a great idea, since the hole was right smack in the middle of the shirt.
- Cut the seam of at the bottom off the shirt off.
- Cut the seam around the neck off.
- Cut both of the sleeves off.
- Find the middle of the front of the shirt and cut along it. Be careful and do not cut the back.
- Take 2 strips of material from the cut sleeves. Make sure they are the same size.
- Wrap one strip around the top part of the shoulder area. From the cut arm sleeve area to the cut neck area.
- Sew the strip together as if you just made a loop. Flip the strip inside out so the seam is hidden. Repeat on the other side.
I am sure I could have added ribbons or even a ruffle to make cute. I could had even used ribbon for the loops for the shoulder area or even cut the shoulder seams and tied them.
Before you toss that T-shirt think could it be used for something else or even turned into something else like a dress for your daughter.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.