Introducing the App or Tool of the Week .....Symbaloo.
Symbaloo is a pin type of board a.k.a a webmix or social bookmarking tool. It can be private just for you or you can share it. I love it because I can organize my resources, student examples, and tools on a webmix and share it. One of the features I love the most is the ability to embed a webmix on to my classroom website. This helps me guide my students to where I want them to go. There is no more of me hearing "Where do I do to go Mrs. Wilson.", "What was that address again.", or my favorite one "I can't find it, I think you told me wrong".
Another feature I really like is that you can copy and add links to other webmix without losing the original link. For example if I want 4 groups to have the same resource all I have to do is add it to one webmix and then copy it over to the other 3.
To Get Started Making a Webmix:
- First you will need to create an account.
- There are many ways of doing things what I find easy in making a webmix is to click on the "Plus Sign" that is located under my name at the top right hand side of the screen.
- Name your webmix.
- Click the "ADD" button.
- Next it is time to add a website or URL. Click on a Square.
- Click Create Title.
- Add your web address where it says http:// - The easiest way is to copy and paste directly from the website to avoid typos.
- You can modify your square by telling it to show the a Title, changing the color, adding a graphic, and etc...
- Click the "SAVE" button when you are finished.
- If you don't like where the square ended up you can drag and drop it to the location on the webmix you desire.
- Copy and Paste the URL instead of typing it in.
- When you add a new square update your webmix.
- Stay organized. If you have resources on a topic I would group them together.
- You can color code your squares.
- Check to see if your link you just added takes you where you want it to go.