Making Colored Rice ....Colored rice is a fun medium to use for different craft or art projects. For a Kansas Day project my daughter and I colored rice and glued it to a Jayhawk.
- Food Coloring
- Ziplock Bags
- 1 Tablespoon of water for each color
- Paper Towels
Steps for Each Color You are Making:
- In a ziplock bag add 1 tablespoon of water.
- Add food coloring to the water to your liking.
- Add the rice you would like to color to the colored water.
- Squish the rice around in the bag until all of the rice is colored.
- If the color is too light you can add more food coloring.
- Once your rice is all colored spread out the rice on a paper towel to dry.
(I let my rice dry over night.)
- Repeat for each color.
Making Your Project:
- Spread glue all over the area you want to add colored rice. We did one section at a time. For example we spread glue on the beak.
- Cover the glued section with the colored rice.
- Over a trash can shake off any extra rice.
- Repeat for each section.