Augmenting Ancient Rome ...
|AugThat's 360 Roman Colosseum|
Spotlight Augmented Trigger of the Week
- City: A Story of Roman Planning and Construction - By David Macaulay
- 360 Roman Colosseum by AugThat
- See Inside Ancient Rome - by Katie Daynes (Author), David Hancock (Illustrator)
- Timeline of Ancient Rome
- Google Earth - Layer Ancient Rome
- Ten Fact about the Roman Colosseum - by NGKids
- Travel Brochures
Have students record their observations/findings in a notebook. Place the AugThat's Roman Colosseum image in their notebooks. Have students scan the image with the AugThat app and explore the area around the Colosseum while researching and creating of their brochure to give them inspiration.
- Using the above resources compare Ancient Rome with modern Rome and see how many of the buildings are still around now.
- Which building is Rome famous for?
- How long did it take to build the Roman Colosseum?
- How many people can the Colosseum hold?
- What was the original name of the Roman Colosseum?
Activity:Create a travel brochure for Ancient Rome with the main attraction being the Roman Colosseum. Use AugThat's Roman Colosseum as one of the images for the brochure. Before students begin provide students with samples of real travel guides. Ask students to identify what makes each travel brochure effective. Their Travel Brochure could be a Here/Now type brochure or could be two different brochures, one for the past and one for current Rome.
Join us on June 2nd at 8pm central for #AR4Learning as we talk more about ways to use augmented reality in social studies.